The Best South Bay Lip Injection Specialists
One of the most popular dermal filler procedures is non-surgical lip augmentation. Patients looking to add volume to thin lips or reshape the upper or lower lip can have a lip filler treatment at our Redondo Beach medspa. Lip injections can be done in 45 minutes with immediately visible results.
The FDA has approved non-surgical dermal fillers like RHA and Restylane to be used in the lips for augmentation and around the mouth to smooth peri-oral lines (smokers lines). These hyaluronic acid-based fillers are soft and will feel and look totally natural. Let our nurse injectors educate you on the latest dermal fillers and show you how easy it is to enhance your beauty.
Let The Laser Image Company Help Put Your Best Face Forward
At the Laser Image Company your beauty, comfort, and satisfaction are our number one priority. Our focus is on listening to our client’s concerns and then educating you in detail on the treatment options. We pride ourselves on a “no pressure” practice atmosphere and focus on creating a personalized treatment plan to enhance the beautiful you.
We want you to have an exceptional experience at The Laser Image Company, and our staff will work hard to make that happen. Our relationship always begins with a complimentary consultation.
- Lip augmentation
- Increase lip fullness
- Soften smokers lines
- Facial symmetry
- Smooth wrinkles
Lip Filler Before & After Photos
Frequently Asked Questions – Lip Augmentation
Who is a good candidate for lip filler?
Any healthy adult who wants to feel more confident about their appearance. If looking to correct asymmetry, enhance fullness and smooth lip lines then schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss a lip filler procedure.
Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not have lip injections?
For more details, visit this link: Lip Filler
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are an FDA-approved treatment option to add fullness to the face. These natural fillers can be safely injected into the delicate lip area, to enhance the fullness and to fill the peri-oral rhytides or smokers lines. Dermal fillers can also be used to add volume to the face, enhance the cheek, reduce loose skin and soften the appearance of wrinkles and scars.
For more details, visit this link: What is Dermal Filler?
Should I bring photos of lips I like?
Yes absolutely. Our priority is giving you the best results possible and a picture is one of the easiest ways to communicate your desired results. At the Laser Image Company, our practitioners and physician will analyze your ideal set of lips, then discuss each treatment option (lip augmentation, lip enhancement) and its realistic outcome. Together we will decide which dermal filler and result are best suited for you.
Do lip injections hurt?
Dermal fillers are injected with a needle so you will experience some discomfort. However, there is an anesthetic in the lip filler and a numbing cream will be applied beforehand to reduce the pain. Additionally, our practitioners will use ice and a vibration tool to desensitize the area making the procedure very easy to tolerate.
What will I experience when I get lip filler?
When you come in for your lip injection appointment, pictures will be taken then numbing cream to the skin for about 15-20 minutes. Ice will be used to help prevent bruising. Once the area is numb and iced, the nurse injector will begin the procedure followed by gently massaging the area. The entire process will take 15 – 20 minutes after numbing.
What are the side effects of lip filler?
Patients may notice puffiness, tenderness, redness, and tingling around the treated area. These side effects usually subside within 1-3 days. If you experience minor bruising or lumps in the lips, these should disappear in a week. These are all normal reactions so do not be alarmed.
To help prevent these side effects reduce alcohol intake and anti-inflammatories that thin the blood beforehand and avoid heavy physical activity for 3-4 days after your lip augmentation treatment.
Can Botox be used for lips?
Yes, Botox can be used in a procedure called a “Botox Lip Flip” which makes your lips appear larger. It also can be injected into the skin above the lip to help smooth the wrinkles. During your consultation, our practitioner will discuss if adding Botox will enhance your lip injection outcome.
Is it safe to drive after lip augmentation?
At the Laser Image Company, we treat clients with dermal fillers from Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Torrance, Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills, and Los Angeles and there is no problem for them to drive after lip injections.
How much do lip injections cost?
The lip filler cost is dependent on the area being treated, the amount of fullness/correction the client requests which determines the number of syringes needed. Most patients treating the lips would need a single syringe costing $600 to $750
Instructions for Lip Injections
A few simple guidelines before your treatment can make a difference between a good result and a fantastic one.
- If you have a history of herpes (cold sores) you must be treated 2 days prior and 8 days after treatment with Valtrex 500mg BID (twice a day) or Zovirax 400mg TID (three times a day). Our surgeon will call in a prescription if needed.
- Reschedule if you have a cold sore, blemish, or rash, on your face before treatment.
- If you have a special event or vacation coming up schedule your treatment at least 2 weeks in advance.
- NO Aspirin, Motrin or any other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s Wort, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, high doses of Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 1 week before and after treatment.
- Discontinue Retin-A two (2) days before and two (2) days after treatment.
- AVOID: Alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates (you may eat fruit), spicy foods, and cigarettes 24-48 hours before and after your treatment
After your treatment, you might have some redness and swelling. This will normally last less than seven days. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling. If the inconvenience continues beyond seven days or if other reactions or side effects occur, please contact your physician.
- Avoid touching the treated area within six hours following treatment. After that, the area can be gently washed.
- Sunbathing and cold outdoor activities should be avoided until any redness or swelling disappears.
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to a recurrence. Speak to your physician about medications that may minimize a recurrence.
- Avoid exercise and alcohol for six hours after treatment.
- Having a follow-up treatment before the product has fully dissipated will maintain your refreshed appearance. Please be sure to consult your physician about recommendations for touch-up or follow-up treatments.