Your South Bay RF Micro Needling Provider
As we age, the skin loses collagen and its elasticity causing wrinkles and sagging skin. Finding a non-surgical solution to bring back the natural, youthful appearance has always been difficult until the Morpheus8 RF microneedling device was developed. This innovative, FDA-approved treatment targets the deep layers of the skin and combines the collagen-boosting, skin resurfacing effects of microneedling with skin-tightening radiofrequency energy.
Morpheus8 RF microneedling treatments are safe on darker skin types and can help skin texture, laxity, pigmentation, acne scars, wrinkles, and stretch marks without the downtime of surgery. This skin rejuvenation procedure is now available at The Laser Image Company Medical Spa in Redondo Beach.
The Science of RF Micro Needling with Morpheus8
Traditional microneedling skin treatments (which we also offer!) use a special handpiece with ultra-fine needles that create tiny wounds in the skin as the device is moved across the area. These micro-injuries in the skin surface stimulate the natural healing response of your body to produce collagen, elastin, and new skin cells.
As effective as traditional skin needling is, the addition of advanced RF energy with Morpheus8 provides for an even deeper, more effective collagen creation all within a single procedure. The handpiece delivers RF heat energy to different skin layers, causing thermal injury to the specific layer and texture of the skin. The RF microneedling procedure is fully customized for each patient’s concerns and skin type.
Because the RF treatment energy goes so deep, you’ll experience faster, more remarkable results with little downtime. The combination of both technologies in a single treatment revitalizes both the epidermis and dermis for maximum natural-looking results.
Morpheus8 RF Microneedling:
- Reduce deep lines and wrinkles.
- Increase collagen stimulation.
- Naturally encourage skin rejuvenation.
- Improve the appearance of stretch marks and scars.
- Tighten skin laxity.
- Decrease acne scars.
- Improve skin tone, texture, and color.
- Treat vertical lines on the chest
- Shrink pore size.
- Safe on darker skin tones.
Morpheus8 RF Micro Needling
Before & After Photos
Frequently Asked Questions – RF Microneedling
What is Morpheus8 RF Microneedling?
This FDA-cleared handheld device has a head with gold-plated steel micro-pins that deliver radiofrequency energy to the skin at preselected depths. Morpheus8 is one of the most advanced ablative radio frequency treatments available today.
How many RF microneedling treatments will I need?
The goal of most skin treatments is to stimulate collagen production to rejuvenate and tighten the skin. For many common skin conditions, a positive effect can be seen in as little as one treatment but for optimal outcome, we recommend a Morpheus8 RF microneedling series of 3 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart. Our Aesthetic Team will provide you with a custom treatment plan based on the texture, tone, and laxity of your skin during your complimentary consultation.
RF microneedling vs microneedling, which is better?
Microneedling creates micro-wounds to treat the skin’s textural irregularities and the collagen produced will help with some laxity. The Morpheus8 combines two FDA-approved technologies into a single procedure which makes it a better option for laxity, stretch marks, acne scars, deep wrinkles. The combination of deep dermal heating and controlled depth injury produces more collagen for a longer time giving a better outcome.
How long before results are visible from the Morpheus8 procedure?
You can expect some skin texture improvement in the first few weeks after the initial rf microneedling procedure. These improvements will increase over the next six months, as your body continuously produces new collagen.
What skin changes can one expect from RF microneedling treatments?
The Morpheus8 can help with many conditions like skin texture, uneven skin tone, loose facial skin and is an effective acne scar treatment. Any body area that has skin laxity and even stretch marks can have an effective outcome from radiofrequency skin treatments.
Is Morpheus8 microneedling RF painful?
The actual RF microneedling procedure is not painful because a topical numbing agent is applied to the treatment area. Some patients say it feels similar to sandpaper being moved across the skin.
How long does a microneedling RF treatment take?
The numbing ointment is applied approximately 20 minutes before the procedure and the treatment takes between 40 minutes to 1 hour for the entire process. The actual Morpheus8 RF microneedling part of the procedure takes 15 minutes for a full face.
How long does it take to recover from RF microneedling?
Like many other cosmetic treatments, there is some downtime after a Morpheus8 session is minimal. Patients should expect redness, mild swelling, and areas of taut or ‘shiny’ skin for three to five days.
What area do we service?
Morpheus8 Microneedling RF is one of the most effective skin rejuvenation techniques offered at the Laser Image Company in Redondo Beach, serving the South Bay, Torrance, Palos Verdes, Hermosa Beach, and the greater Los Angeles area.
Morpheus8 RF Micro Needling Pre / Post Care Instructions
One week prior to treatment:
- Stop taking NSAID medicines such as Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Naproxen since they interfere with normal blood clotting. Check medication labels for the active ingredient.
- Discontinue any irritant type topical products or treatments
Three days prior to treatment:
- Products such as Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula), scrubs or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Treatments such as microdermabrasion and laser
- No prolonged sun exposure, to the area being treated. If sunburnt, the procedure will not be administered.
Day of treatment:
- Shower as usual and cleanse the area being treated.
- Do not apply any makeup, lotion, powder, oils, or other products to treatment areas
What can be expected after the Morpheus8 RF microneedling procedure:
- Immediately after the treatment, you will look and feel like you have a moderate sunburn
- The skin may feel warm and tighter than usual
- The skin may crust and peel for 3-7 days after procedure.
- Redness and swelling may last for 3-4 days.
- CLEAN – Use a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil with lukewarm water to cleanse the face and gently pat dry the treated skin until it heals.
- HYDRATE – Use a gentle moisturizer or healing ointment on the treatment area until the skin heals.
- MAKEUP – This can be applied 2 days after the treatment if needed but we recommend a mineral makeup applied with a clean brush.
- PROTECT – 24 hours after the procedure, apply a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB physical sunscreen (Zinc/Titanium Dioxide) with an SPF30 or higher, AT ALL TIMES. Do not use chemical sunscreens (oxybenzone, avobenzone, octisalate, octocrylene, homosalate and octinoxate).
- Reapply often→In addition to reducing your future risk of skin cancer, sunscreens also reduce wrinkles and slow the aging process.
What to avoid:
- For at least 48 hours post-treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula), or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for at least 24 hours. No tanning beds.
- Avoid exercise, strenuous activity, or swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments are harmful, rife with bacteria, and may cause adverse reactions.
- Waxing/Laser treatments should be avoided in the treatment area for 2 weeks.
- Facial treatments in the area should be avoided for 2 weeks.
- Increase water intake to include at least 8 glasses.
- Do not pick at the skin!